Every Monday as we head towards the NFL Draft, we will have a poll to see which draft prospect you want the Houston Texans to select in May’s NFL Draft. We’ll bring you the latest articles, tweets, videos, and mock drafts regarding each prospect as we come closer to the Texans first overall selection.
This week, the hype seemed to revolve around Jadeveon Clowney. Bob McNair started it all by “hyping up” the potential combination of J.J. Watt and Clowney earlier this week. It seems like the idea of drafting a non-QB has picked up over the last week. How do you feel about it Texans fans? Vote below.
To check out last week’s poll, click here.
- Brendan Leister (DraftBrowns.com) with a great profile on Teddy Bridgewater.
- HoustonTexans.com profiles Teddy Bridgewater.
- The Cleveland Browns are high on Johnny Manziel (NFL.com)and may even be willing to trade up for the quarterback (CBS Sports).
- Matt Waldman on Blake Bortles.
Blake Bortles: Massive talent. Rough around edges. Footwork & mechanics need a lot of cleaning up. Shouldn’t be thrown into fire immediately
— NFL Philosophy (@NFLosophy) January 15, 2014
Blake Bortles faced S. Carolina, Penn St, L’ville, Rutgers, Baylor & others this season. Level of competition > that of Bridgewater in ’13.
— Eric Edholm (@Eric_Edholm) January 15, 2014
I have Bridgewater as a top 10 talent in this draft but I know several teams that don’t view him as a 1st round player.
— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) January 15, 2014
@AlbertBreer If you can get Jadeveon Clowney and then, say, Zach Mettenberger or AJ McCarron in Houston you feel pretty good.
— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) January 14, 2014
— Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) January 15, 2014
- Mel Kiper Jr. (ESPN) has the Texans taking Johnny Manziel.
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) has the Texans taking Teddy Bridgewater.
I still think Bridgewater’s the guy for Houston. He comes from a pro-style offense under offensive coordinator Shawn Watson at Louisville (now a coach at Texas) and can contribute as the starter right away. Some question his size and arm strength, but I think he’ll put those worries away during the combine and pro day workout process. Pair him with the schooling of head coach Bill O’Brien and Houston could be relevant again next season.
- Chris Burke (Sports Illustrated) has the Texans taking Teddy Bridgewater.
- Dane Brugler (CBS Sports) has the Texans taking Blake Bortles.
- Eric Edholm (Yahoo Sports) has the Texans taking Jadeveon Clowney.
No, Clowney’s “draft stock” isn’t suddenly on the rise. If anything, there are more questions about him now, as evaluators go back and figure why why he was not as dominant in 2013 as he was the season prior. But it only takes one team, as we are fond of saying, and that team could be the Bob McNair-owned Texans, who already has gushed over Clowney’s potential. Will they take him for sure? Is it a smokescreen? No one knows, of course, but grabbing him in a trade back sure seems like a possibility we can’t overlook.
- Matt Miller (Bleacher Report) has the Texans taking Teddy Bridgewater.
- Walter Cherepinsky (Walter Football) has the Texans taking Teddy Bridgewater.
Who Do You Want The Texans To Select?
- Teddy Bridgewater (48%, 93 Votes)
- Jadeveon Clowney (27%, 53 Votes)
- Johnny Manziel (11%, 22 Votes)
- Trade (11%, 21 Votes)
- Blake Bortles (3%, 5 Votes)
- Other (Specify In Comments) (0%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 195