Dwight Howard and James Harden have done wonders for the Houston Rockets, but they (Rockets) are likely not where they are today without Chandler Parsons. Parsons keeps this team running strong. Watch any games without Harden and the Rockets may struggle from time-to-time but they’ll still win the game. Without Parsons, the Rockets stink. Parsons is even better than he was last year and he added nice pump-fake to his repertoire. The fake has been working really well for Parsons this year, and it’s another reason for Parson’s early NBA success. Check out the rest of the links for more!
- Sara Eckert (CSN Houston) on the young Astros getting schooled on life off the field.
This past weekend, pitcher Josh Zeid, catcher Max Stassi and infielder Jonathan Singleton attended the league’s Rookie Career Development Program at Lansdowne Resort in Leesburg, VA, outside of Washington, D.C. For more than two decades, Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players’ Association have teamed up for the for the event, which is designed to help up and coming minor leaguers or young players get ready for life in the big leagues, particularly with things that can create obstacles off the field.
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) with bios for all the minor league players invited to spring training.
- Steve Anderson (Climbing Tal’s Hill) talks about potential Jason Castro trade.
- Astros tweet of the day…
The 5 Dodgers that will make over $20M this season: Kershaw, Greinke, Gonzalez, Kemp, Crawford. Astros 2013 payroll: $26M.
— Kevin Negandhi (@KNegandhiESPN) January 15, 2014
- Jake Fischer (SLAM) on Chandler Parsons and his pump fake.
“You have to throw it at them early and see who’s going to jump,” Parsons told SLAM after the Rockets defeated the Celtics 104-92 on Monday night. “Then once you know who’s gonna jump, you can take it by them all the way and finish. And if you know they’re gonna stay put, you’re gonna have a wide-open jumper all game.”
- Ian Thomsen (SI) on Chandler Parsons.
- Adam Wexler (CSN Houston) on Beverley set to return soon.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Rockets are 9-1 this year when they block 8+ shots — already the most times they’ve done that since the Yao/Deke years (19 games in 07-08).
— ClutchFans (@clutchfans) January 15, 2014
- Jerome Solomon (Houston Chronicle) on O’Brien changing things inside the Texans locker room.
It is one month before the combine, two months before the start of free agency, three months before the 2014 schedule is released, four months before the NFL draft and six months before training camp begins, yet already new Texans coach Bill O’Brien is trying to win.
- Graham Rogers (Toro Times) says the Texans should say NO to Manziel.
- Tania Ganguli (ESPN) on O’Brien’s thoughts on the quarterback draft class.
- Texans tweet of the day…
If Manziel goes to the Texans, he could shatter NFL rookie marketing records by signing local deals in Texas alone.
— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) January 15, 2014