Some Houston Texans fans may want Jadeveon Clowney. Can you blame them? Clowney and Watt on the same defensive line could be historic. Unfortunately, football games aren’t won with a dominant defensive line. Even if you could disrupt the opponents offenses, if your own offense can’t manufacture points, what good is it? Obviously there are exceptions but the Texans really need a QB of the future, and this seems like a great draft to make that happen. Check out the rest of the links for more!
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) with a great read on Brett Oberholtzer.
Once Brett figured out what he wanted to do, he didn’t let it go. Not because of the money, of course. He had a ball wrapped on the clothesline in the backyard, and he would spend hours swinging at it. Football halftimes meant 15 minutes to play catch.
- Ray Kuhn (Climbing Tal’s Hill) on the Izturis signing.
- Jared Webb (AstrosTurf) with a few pitchers the Astros could potentially trade for.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Astros non-roster invitees for spring training could come out tomorrow. Carlos Correa, 19, quite likely to be on the list.
— Evan Drellich (@EvanDrellich) January 13, 2014
- Jonathan Feigen (Houston Chronicle) on the importance of Chandler Parsons.
“He does so many things,” Rockets guard Jeremy Lin said. “He is a great playmaker. He impacts the game in such a variety of ways you can’t really describe them all. He’s not ball dominant so that helps us a lot and he’s a great defender.”
- Forrest Walker (Red94) on Rockets PG’s and PF’s.
- David Aldridge (NBA.com) has a Q&A with Dwight Howard.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Rockets 25-14 after a win in Boston! Parsons 14p Jones 12p 12r 3b Howard 32p 11r Harden 16p 7r 3b Lin 16p 9a 3s Pelicans on Wed! #RedNation
— Rockets Fans (@Rockets_Fans_) January 14, 2014
- Dave Zangaro (CSN Houston) says the Texans have to take a QB with the first overall pick.
Jadeveon Clowney might end up being a great player. Heck, he might even be more of a sure thing than any of the top-rated quarterbacks in this draft class. But it doesn’t matter. Without a quarterback in this NFL, nothing else matters. Without a quarterback, Bill O’Brien can be a great coach but team success won’t follow. It just won’t.
- Tania Ganguli (ESPN) on what went wrong with Texans linebackers.
- Drew Doughtery (Houston Chronicle) (Video) talks with Bob McNair about Bill O’Brien.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Had this take today on ITT. The #Texans have 55 players under contract, 23 of those players have 0 guaranteed $. Roster overhaul possible.
— PDS (@PatDStat) January 13, 2014