Apparently Marcus Camby wants a paycheck from the Houston Rockets for the third straight year. The Rockets traded for him in 2012, and Camby was actually a useful player off the bench. They then shipped him to the Knicks and stole two second round picks from
the worse run franchise in the NBA Knicks. Camby re-signed with the Rockets this July but the Rockets waived him following an injury in the preseason. Now, it looks like Camby thinks he has enough left in the tank to make another comeback. Check out the rest of the links for more.
- Jose De Jesus Ortiz (Houston Chronicle) spoke with writers who didn’t vote for Criag Biggio.
Biggio was named on 429 of the 571 ballots, earning 74.8 percent of the votes to fall just short of the required 75 percent. Nellie Fox (1987) and Pie Traynor (1948) are the only other men in history to fall two votes shy of induction.
Fortunately for Biggio, history is on his side. Fox, who finished his career with the Colt .45s, was eventually voted into the Hall of Fame by the Veterans Committee in 1997. Traynor needed only one year to make up ground and earn induction in 1948.
- Brett Dolan (SportsRadio610) on what should have been a great day in Houston.
- Josh Jackson (MiLB.com) on Mark Appel being a student athlete.
- Astros tweet of the day…
On bright side for Astros fans, at least Biggio appears destined for HOF. His votes were more promising than the Astrodome’s this year.
— Jose de Jesus Ortiz (@OrtizKicks) January 9, 2014
- Jonathan Feigen (Houston Chronicle) on Dwight Howard trying to shed his old reputation.
He had scored two points and never left the bench in the fourth quarter. The Rockets, however, had come back to beat the Memphis Grizzlies, and no one was happier about Donatas Motiejunas’ role than the star center who had been benched.
- Mark Berman (Fox26) on Marcus Camby and a potential return.
- Ben Leibowitz (Bleacher Report) on Howard’s girlfriend with a custom “Laker Hater” shirt.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
James Harden becomes first #Rockets player since Tracy McGrady in 01/06 to score 35 in 3 straight games.
— Space City Scoop (@SpaceCity_Scoop) January 9, 2014
- Stephen Forsha (Toro Times) takes a look at three potential QB draft picks.
OK, for argument’s sake, let’s agree the Texans will draft a quarterback with the first pick of the draft, now the question is … Who will the Texans draft at the quarterback position? There are many QBs who could replace the duo of Case Keenum and Matt Schaub of this past season, but the question is which one?
- Leila Rahimi (CSN Houston) (Video) caught up with Bill O’Brien at the Rockets game.
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) on the Texans interviewing Romeo Crennel.
- Texans tweet of the day…
AJ and Bill O’Brien yet to show up for the second half. I guess some things haven’t changed for the #Texans.
— House Of Houston (@HouseOfHouston) January 9, 2014