Today we find out if Craig Biggio and/or Jeff Bagwell will be elected to the baseball Hall Of Fame. Early returns make it seem like Biggio will be elected. Bagwell may be just a few votes shy this year, but should likely be elected sometimes in the next few years. The announcement will be at 1:00 PM CT and can be seen on MLB Network. Check out the rest of the links for more!
- Jose De Jesus Ortiz (Houston Chronicle) on Biggio and the chase for the HOF.
The wait is almost over. One year after coming up short on his first year on the Hall of Fame ballot, Craig Biggio will find out Wednesday afternoon if he finally gets a call from Cooperstown, N.Y.
- CSN Houston (Video) with the current Astros’ wishes for Biggio and Bagwell.
- Richard Justice (MLB.com) on Craig Biggio.
- Astros tweet of the day…
— Houston Astros (@astros) January 7, 2014
- Jenny Dial Creech (Houston Chronicle) on the Rockets looking to learn from their first loss to the Lakers.
Since then, one big emphasis for the Rockets has been perimeter defense. On Friday against the Knicks, the Rockets were in a similar situation as they were with Los Angeles three months ago. This time, though, there was no buzzer-beating finish.
- David Barron (Houston Chronicle) with more on the Rockets and CSN.
- Will Grubb and Paul Gallant (Sports Radio 610) (Podcast) on the Rockets.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
— House Of Houston (@HouseOfHouston) January 7, 2014
- Stephanie Stradley (Houston Chronicle) on what we could learn from Texans history.
After hearing the press conferences for both Gary Kubiak’s firing and Bill O’Brien’s hiring, I wonder whether the Texans ownership has derived the right lessons from what happened in 2013, and what has happened in their entire history.
When a team is as bad as 2-14, it cannot just be a failure of coaching. Coaching certainly was a part of it but it cannot be the only thing. Particularly given that they were a decent team the previous two years and weren’t always mired in futility
- Tania Ganguli (ESPN) asks if the Texans need a safety.
- Stephen Forsha (Toro Times) on the Detroit Lions interviewing Gary Kubiak.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Significant chatter behind the scenes that Bortles could go #1 overall to the Houston #Texans. Long way to go, but worth keeping an eye on.
— Rand Getlin (@Rand_Getlin) January 8, 2014