If you search #texans on Twitter, almost every tweet you find will be somewhat related to Bill O’Brien. The Houston Chronicle and other publications have been writing up a storm about the new Texans head coach, and the city is excited about the future of this football team for the first time since the comeback win against the Tennessee Titans all the way in week 2. Check out the rest of the links for more!
- Jose De Jesus Ortiz (Houston Chronicle) on a potential Craig Biggio HOF induction.
“He’s the perfect example of a person from Houston,” former Astros All-Star Morgan Ensberg said of Biggio. “He’s tough. He is a guy that is consistent. He’s a guy that plays hard and does the right thing every single time. I think he personifies the character of somebody from Houston.”
- Greg Thurston (Climbing Tal’s Hill) on the Astros promoting Kevin Goldstein.
- Ray Kuhn (Climbing Tal’s Hill) has a “boring” proposal for readers.
- Astros tweet of the day…
— Houston Astros (@astros) January 4, 2014
- Sara Eckert/Leila Rahimi (CSN Houston) caught up with the family of the boy that Chandler Parsons shaved his head for.
“We thought about it for a little while,” DeClair said. “There were families before Patrick that had the same thing and decided to try to raise awareness about the type of cancer he has and because of them raising awareness, a lot of research dollars have gone in and we believe he’s benefiting today from all those research dollars.”
- Phillip Pyle (Space City Scoop) on Jeremy Lin signing with Adidas.
- Rahat Huq (Red94) on James Harden.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Mavs with 39 points midway through third quarter vs. the Knicks… why can’t they ever shoot like that against the #Rockets? Sigh
— Ben DuBose (@BenDuBose) January 6, 2014
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) on the Texans early draft plans.
O’Brien and his new quarterback – expected to be drafted with the first-round pick – are supposed to follow the lead of the Colts’ Chuck Pagano and Andrew Luck and the Chiefs’ Andy Reid and Alex Smith by reaching the playoffs one year after having the NFL’s worst record.
- Jerome Solomon (Houston Chronicle) on what led O’Brien to the Texans.
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) on player’s excited to work with O’Brien.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Wade Phillips is a superior defensive coordinator. Difference maker. Someone should hire him in a hurry. #Texans
— Mike Greenberg (@Espngreeny) January 5, 2014