It sounds like former Texans in Philadelphia are enjoying their time out of Houston with their team potentially playoff bound team. The Eagles, who seemed to have sign any Texans player available this past offseason, are in a win-or-go-gome game this Sunday, and several former Texans will be in the spotlight during the Sunday night affair. DeMeco Ryans is having a great year for the Eagles and he’s joined by former Texans Connor Barwin, Donnie Jones, Roc Carmichael, Jeff Maehl, and James Casey. Check out the rest of the links for more!
- Kennon Riley (Climbing Tal’s Hill) on Masahiro Tanaka being posted and what it means for the Astros.
Tanaka could be an interesting development in the new rivalry between the Texas Rangers and Houston Astros. Yu Darvish is a pitcher who dominated the Astros lineup a couple of times during the 2013 season. Tanaka pitching for the Astros would immediately create a “Best From Japan” battle between the two Texas MLB teams. The potential is quite nice as the Astros could rise from their three straight 100 loss campaigns with Tanaka on board.
- Jason Collette on the career of Brad Peacock.
- Greg Thurston (Climbing Tal’s Hill) profiles L.J. Hoes and Lucas Harrell.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Merry Christmas to all and to all a grand morning of opening presents. Hanukkah came first and now xmas. Love the holiday seasons #astros
— Josh Zeid (@Josh_Zeid14) December 25, 2013
- Jason Friedman (Rockets.com) on the Rockets big win against the Spurs.
The story was the same tonight as Houston’s All-Star shooting guard exploded for 16 fourth quarter points to help ensure his team brought home a season sweep of the Spurs in San Antonio. Harden’s brilliance capped a practically perfect night for the Rockets’ starting five which dominated the action from start to finish in Houston’s 111-98 wire-to-wire win.
- Matt Bullard (CSN Houston) (Video) spoke with Terrence Jones after the big game.
- Sara Eckert (CSN Houston) (Video) spoke with Dwight who revealed what he gave all his Rockets teammates for the holidays.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Sign that the Rockets executed their equal opportunity offense to perfection tonight….Terrence Jones led them in shot attempts.
— Brian Geltzeiler (@hoopscritic) December 26, 2013
- Jon Marks (Houston Chronicle) on former Texans flourishing in Philadelphia.
“It’s good to have so many former teammates,’’ said the 29-year-old Ryans, who leads the Eagles with 120 tackles — 96 solo — along with four sacks. “I knew those guys when they first came into the league — Connor, Case, Roc. We always have that common bond.’’
- Tania Ganguli (ESPN) on Ben Tate’s future with the Texans.
- Sean Pendergast (Houston Press) on the Texans not starting T.J. Yates this week.
- Texans tweet of the day…
— Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) December 25, 2013