What a guy! Chandler Parsons is known for much, including his hair, but this holiday season it’s for a different reason. Just two days ago, Parsons cut off most of his hair to support 10-year-old Patrick Hobbs-DeClaire, a cancer patient in Houston. Parsons and several Rockets teammates have visited Patrick several times at the hospital, but it’s Parsons who has formed a special bond with him. For more on this story check out Jason Friedman’s article below.
From all of us at House Of Houston have a Happy Holidays!
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) on new Astros Darin Downs.
Darin Downs didn’t have time to care he had just joined the Astros.
The team scooped Downs, a lefthanded reliever, off waivers in early November. He was driving to the hospital with his wife ahead of the birth of their second child, a boy, when the phone went off.
- Alyson Footer (MLB.com) on Max Stassi raising money for the homeless.
- Jayne Hansen (Climbing Tal’s Hill) with a festive poem.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Merry Christmas. May Santa bring Astros fans a solid bullpen, plenty of power from Singleton and lots of energy and pop from Springer.
— Jose de Jesus Ortiz (@OrtizKicks) December 24, 2013
- Jenny Dial Creech (Houston Chronicle) on the importance of Aaron Brooks.
Aaron Brooks has had highs and lows and everything in between during his time with the Rockets.
From starting regularly to riding the bench as a third-team point guard, from being a top scorer to playing zero minutes, and from leading his team to being waived, Brooks has been through it all.
- Adrian Wojnarowski (Yahoo Sports) on Gersson Rosas returning to the Rockets.
- Jason Friedman (Rockets.com) on Chandler Parsons, a true hero.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Rockets F Chandler Parsons cut hair to honor Patrick Hobbs-DeClaire, a 10-yr-old being treated for terminal cancer. pic.twitter.com/i7iACu5Hzp
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) December 25, 2013
- Brian T. Smith (Houston Chronicle) on Jeff Tarpinian’s toughness following brain surgery.
Long, thin, light brown hair hides the scar. Two years of safeguarding have kept the incision a secret. So when Jeff Tarpinian agrees to discuss the day doctors sliced into the lower back of his neck, opened his skull and removed a collection of abnormal blood vessels near the cerebellum portion of his brain, he asks for a few days of patience before he will speak.
- Kristie Rieken (AP) says J.J. Watt will likely have plastic surgery on his nose this offseason.
- Brian T. Smith (Houston Chronicle) on Brian Cushing making one family’s Christmas very special.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Jonathan Grimes will be the 5th player to start at RB for #Texans in 2013. This time a week ago, he was a free agent.
— Drew Dougherty (@DoughertyDrew) December 23, 2013