With the addition of Dexter Fowler, the 2014 Astros starting lineup already looks much improved. Add the possibilities of George Springer and Jonathan Singleton, and the improvements to many young players like Robbie Grossman and Jonathan Villar, the Astros lineup is definitely more potent than it has been in several years. The Astros are also expected to add another bat before Spring Training. Check out the rest of the links for more!
- Ray Kuhn (Climbing Tal’s Hill) takes an early look at the Astros 2014 starting lineup.
When filling out his lineup card last season, rookie manager Bo Porter had a lot of juggling to do. As we start to look forward towards 2014, it appears that there will be a little more consistency in Porter’s lineup. And this is a good thing for everyone involved.
- Clack (CrawfishBoxes) on small-sample Astros pitching.
- Kennon Riley (Climbing Tal’s Hill) profiles Scott Feldman.
- Astros tweet of the weekend…
— Jose de Jesus Ortiz (@OrtizKicks) December 15, 2013
- Jonathan Feigen (Houston Chronicle) on Omri Casspi.
Before Omri Casspi began hanging around The White House and making plans for pick-up games with the President, before he had become vital to the Rockets’ bench as a scorer and stretch four, even before had chosen to take his talents to Houston, he had a question he could not help but ask himself
- Rahat Huq (Red94) doesn’t think the Rockets will deal Omer Asik.
- Phillip Pyle (Space City Scoop) asks if Dwight Howard is better than expected.
- Rockets tweet of the weekend…
Dwight Howard 7-7 from free throw line in Rockets win. Only 2nd time in career he made all his FT, making at least 7 (other: 2005., age 19)
— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) December 14, 2013
- Dave Zangaro (CSN Houston) on an unlikely bright spot, Eddie Pleasant.
Eddie Pleasant came into the 2013 season knowing where he stood. He looked at the depth chart and saw a bunch of guys in front of him.
- CSN Houston (Jim Palmer and John McClain) (Video) on what’s next for the Texans.
- Jerome Solomon (Houston Chronicle) says the Longhorns job has more to offer than the Texans job.
- Texans tweet of the weekend…
— Deepi Sidhu (@DeepSlant) December 14, 2013