Most nights the Rockets will be on top of their offensive game but the defense has been hard to come by this season. Lately however, the Rockets defense has been key to their last few wins. The Rockets held the high-scoring Warriors to just 83 points on Friday night and the Magic to just 88 points on Sunday. If the Rockets can continue its strong defense they could potentially make a run for a top two seed in the Western Conference. Check out the rest of the links for more!
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) on the Rule V draft coming up on Thursday.
Two years ago, Jeff Luhnow and the Astros’ front office stayed up hours past midnight in Dallas. Luhnow had just been hired as the team’s general manager at the winter meetings, and the Rule 5 draft was scheduled for the following morning.
- Greg Thurston (Climbing Tal’s Hill) on what’s next for J.D. Martinez.
- KelShannon19 (Crawfish Boxes) on the state of Houston baseball.
- Astros tweet of the day…
— Houston Astros (@astros) December 9, 2013
- Jonathan Feigen (Houston Chronicle) on the Rockets stifling defense against the Magic.
With the assorted awkward moments that kept the night from being complete, and the starters from being able to take the fourth quarter off, the things that went well were the difference between the Rockets beginning the week with consecutive maddening losses and finishing it with solid, defense-first wins.
- Chris Bernucca (Sheridan Hoops) on some potential trade partners for the Rockets.
- Adam Wexler (CSN Houston) with his Rockets report card.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
- Stephanie Stradley (Houston Chronicle) asks if the Texans roster is ready to win?
I think it is commendable to want to win every year. Popular view too. Because who wants to pay to watch bad football? Dumb people. (Feel very dumb because I’ve already paid too much to see bad football. But football is inherently dumb. We care about highly-paid dudes in weird clothes toting an odd-shaped ball to and fro. Best not to think of that too much).
- Will Grubb (SportsRadio610) on why the Texans should hire Bill O’Brien.
- Sean Pendergast (Houston Press) takes a look at Bob McNair’s press conference.
- Texans tweet of the day…
#Texans‘ Wade Phillips with two classic answers. How did T.J. Yates get hurt? “Sitting on the bench, I guess.”
— Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) December 9, 2013