Bringing in Dexter Fowler, Scott Feldman, and Chad Qualls are not enough for the Astros. Jeff Luhnow expects them to add a few more pieces to round out the rest of the roster. Even though we saw a ridiculous amount of trades and signings last week, there should be some great hot stove talk all week long at the Winter Meetings. Expect the Astros to possibly add another bullpen piece and a bat. Check out the rest of the links for more!
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) on the Astros seeking more pieces at the Winter Meetings.
The shopping list of Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow isn’t nearly as long as it was a week ago as he and the team’s top executives arrive at the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort for the start of the Winter Meetings.
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) on the Astros fortifying the bullpen by brining back Chad Qualls.
- Jayne (What The Heck, Bobby) spoke with Jeff Luhnow recently. Part 1. Part 2.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Ready for baseball to start. After 3 100 L seasons you’d think I’d be dreading it but I want to see if this bad boy has some legs #Astros
— Bryna (@Bryna) December 9, 2013
- Jenny Dial Creech (Houston Chronicle) on Dwight Howard making himself at home.
Since July, a lot has happened for Howard. And as he celebrates his 28th birthday playing against his former team, Orlando, on Sunday, one quarter of the way through the Rockets’ season, he is still as happy as he was five months ago about his decision.
- Jeff Zillgitt (USA Today)(mid/late article) says the Rockets aren’t slowing down for Howard.
- CSN Houston (Video) speaks with Kevin McHale about Rockets injuries and where the Rockets are at through a quarter of the season.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
- Jerome Solomon (Houston Chronicle) says Bob McNair needs to be more hands-on with the Texans.
Not the Gary Kubiak firing, mind you, though the eject button on that broken cassette, one that had been spewing mangled tape all over Reliant Stadium for the better part of two months, should have been pressed a long time ago.
- Brian T. Smith (Houston Chronicle) has the winning formula for an NFL team.
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) on Gary Kubiak always being a first class individual.
- Texans tweet of the day…
— Daniel Gotera (@DTGoteraKHOU) December 8, 2013