When the Rockets signed Dwight Howard in early July, Omer Asik immediately wanted out of Houston. The Rockets may be a championship contender, but Asik prefers more playing time at this time of his career. The Rockets have called teams telling them they’d like to deal Asik between December 15th and the 19th, but rest assured Daryl Morey will wait for the best deal available. Check out the rest of the links for more!
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) on the Astros focus as they head to the Winter Meetings.
A big week for the Astros and general manager Jeff Luhnow still leaves holes to fill, particularly in the bullpen. The trade for Dexter Fowler brought an outfield bat, and the signing of Scott Feldman a veteran arm in the rotation.
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) spoke to Bo Porter about Dexter Fowler and the Astros.
- Keith Law (ESPN Insider) on the signing of Scott Feldman.
- Astros tweet of the weekend…
Wow I will be playing with a guy I watched in person at the 05 World Series. Welcome back chad qualls. @astros
— Jarred Cosart (@JarredCosart) December 7, 2013
- Marc Stein (ESPN) on the Rockets putting Omer Asik on the block.
Sources told ESPN.com that the Rockets began calling potential trade partners Friday to let them know they intend to deal Asik between Dec. 15 and Dec. 19.
- Kevin Pelton (ESPN Insider) on potential destinations for Omer Asik.
- Zach Buckley (Bleacher Report) on teams that should be calling the Rockets for Omer Asik.
- Rockets tweet of the weekend…
Rockets without Parsons: Lose to Jazz, Suns. Rockets with Parsons: Beat Spurs, Warriors. Somewhere, Dan Fegan is smiling.
— ClutchFans (@clutchfans) December 7, 2013
- Jerome Solomon (Houston Chronicle) says the Texans HAD to fire Gary Kubiak.
Kubiak, a native son, former Oiler ball boy and the winningest coach in team history, was fired Friday morning, bringing to an end an eight-year tenure that delivered more promise and hope than real success.
- Patrick D. Starr (State Of The Texans) collect quotes from all past and present Texans about Gary Kubiak.
- Tania Ganguli (ESPN) writes a lot about Gary Kubiak in this week’s mailbag.
- Texans tweet of the weekend…
— Mike Greenberg (@Espngreeny) December 7, 2013