- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) on the Astros scouting potential first overall selections.
The Astros, who are picking first overall for the third consecutive year, expect to meet with several potential candidates for that slot by New Year’s Day. The team won’t comment on individual visits, but righthanders Jeff Hoffman and Tyler Kolek – the latter a senior at East Texas’ Shepherd High School – and shortstop Trea Turner are on the list.
- Greg Thurston (Climbing Tal’s Hill) on what the non-tender deadline could mean for the Astros.
- David Coleman (Crawfish Boxes) on Craig Biggio, Jeff Bagwell, and the Baseball Hall Of Fame.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Monday is deadline to tender contracts. Focus usually on arb.eligible players of which Astros have one only in Castro, who’s lock to return.
— Brian McTaggart (@brianmctaggart) December 1, 2013
- Jenny Dial Creech (Houston Chronicle) says James Harden is becoming like his old self again.
Pat Beverley threw his arms around his teammate, and Harden delivered an abundance of chest bumps and high-fives. He let out a yell, beat his fist on his chest, and demonstrated his happiness.
- Brett Pollakoff (ProBasketballTalk) on the Rockets asking price for Omer Asik.
- Jenny Dial Creech (Houston Chronicle) on the Rockets rising confidence.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
The Rockets remain the only Houston team to have won since September 15th. — SportsPickle (@sportspickle) December 1, 2013
- Tania Ganguli (ESPN) on Antonio Smith’s suspicion of foul play but the Patriots.
I’m very suspicious. I just think it will be a big coincidence if that just happened by chance. I don’t know for sure, but I just know it was something that we practiced this week.
- Jerome Solomon (Houston Chronicle) with five things to learn from the Texans loss.
- Randy Harvey (Houston Chronicle) says it’s the last Texans loss isn’t a bad thing for the Texans.
- Texans tweet of the day…
#Texans‘ Ben Tate not wishy-washy about himself: “I believe I’m one of the best running backs in the NFL.”
— Nick Mathews (@Nick_Mathews) December 1, 2013