- Greg Doyel (CBS Sports) on Jeff Bagwell and the Hall Of Fame.
In the case of The People vs. Jeff Bagwell, the people have spoken. It was just one word they uttered, a pathetic and cruel word, but that single word was enough to convict Bagwell:
Probably, Jeff Bagwell is guilty of using steroids. That’s what Hall of Fame voters decided when they voted for the third consecutive year to deny Bagwell admission into baseball immortality. Probably, he’s guilty. Definitely, he’s out.
- John Lopez and John McClain (CSN Houston) (Video) on Jeff Bagwell.
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) on the Astros offseason.
- Astros tweet of the day…
I am thankful for all Astros fans… past, present and future! Keep the faith, we are on the right path!
— Jeff Luhnow (@jluhnow) November 28, 2013
- Jerome Solomon (Houston Chronicle) offers his advice on the Omer Asik situation.
The foregone conclusion that the Rockets must trade Omer Asik, not to mention his demand that they do so, could put general manager Daryl Morey in an unfamiliar position. As with all good wheeler-dealers, Trader Daryl likes to operate from a position of strength. It would take special circumstances for him to go against the numbers in a deal.
- Rob Mahoney (SI) on the Rockets (lack of) rebounding.
- CSN Houston on Dwight Howard’s Sesame Street appearance.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
1. My family 2. God taken me from where I was and bringing me to where I am today. 3. Good health 4. Basketball 5. Houston Rockets — Patrick Beverley (@patbev21) November 28, 2013
- Dave Zangaro (CSN Houston) on the winless Case Keenum.
Keenum, the University of Houston product, got his first start against the Chiefs on Oct. 20 and has started every game since. The Texans are 0-5 since Keenum became the starter, losing all five games by one score.
- Deephi Sidhu (Houston Texans) on Kareem Jackson’s injury.
- Dave Zangaro (CSN Houston) says the Texans are happy Chris Jones has found success with the Patriots.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours! #WeAreTexans
— Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) November 28, 2013