- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) on the Astros offseason.
In an offseason in which Prince Fielder and Ian Kinsler were traded for each other, the Astros’ moves barely registered. News conferences have been held this month to announce the arrival of the Civil Rights game and another lawsuit, not a big-name player. Those aren’t exactly the grabbing headlines the Astros need ahead of a season in which they need to win more and remind fans they’re worthwhile.
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) on Craig Biggio eyeing the Hall Of Fame.
- Jayne (What The Heck, Bobby) on an Astros Thanksgiving.
- Astros tweet of the day…
— Jose de Jesus Ortiz (@OrtizKicks) November 28, 2013
- Carl Fudge (Clutchfans.net) on Terrence Jones being the X-Factor.
With no clear preseason solution, McHale threw a bit of a curveball by starting Omer Asik alongsideDwight Howard in a so-called “Twin Towers” lineup. The move was done for two reasons – to see how much havoc a defense of two of the league’s best rim protectors could create together and to appease the disgruntled Asik who had already requested a trade over the summer and was concerned over his minutes.
- Jenny Dial Creech (Houston Chronicle) on the emergence of Terrence Jones.
- The Rockets sing “Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel.”
- Rockets tweet of the day…
- Tania Ganguli (ESPN) on Bob McNair’s patience.
Team owner Bob McNair has shown patience with Kubiak, who’s had two 6-10 seasons — his first year with the team and his fifth. Until this year, when the Texans embarked on a franchise-record losing streak that currently sits at nine, Kubiak had made steady improvement after the most recent 6-10 season.
- Stephen Forsha (Toro Times) on Gary Kubiak coaching from the sidelines this Sunday.
- Brian McDonald (State Of The Texans) gives reasons to be thankful for this Texans season.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Phillips is asking fans to help out Sunday. Says crowd can make a big difference in Pats not being able to go hurry up offense. #Texans
— Deepi Sidhu (@DeepSlant) November 27, 2013