- Wendy Thurm (FanGraphs) on the CSN Houston debacle.
Comcast SportsNet Houston went live Oct. 1, 2012, and has been in trouble ever since. Actually, the trouble may have started before the first broadcast signal beamed to homes in the Houston area. Now the network and its various constituent owners are fighting in federal bankruptcy court and in Texas state court. The situation may get worse before it gets better.
- Patrick Creighton (Sports Radio 610) on Jim Crane’s promises.
- Greg Thurston (Climbing Tal’s Hill) profiles Jose Cisnero.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Congrats to the Astros for not being the biggest dumpster fire in the city anymore.
— Michael Connor (@MC790) November 24, 2013
- Rahat Huq (ESPN True Hoop) on Moreyball.
It’s early November of 2012. An unfamiliar buzz flows through Toyota Center; the stands are dotted with makeshift beards. Eyes are fixed upon the oversize HD screen hanging at center court. When the camera focuses on James Harden, who is warming up, the crowd becomes delirious. There is, once again, a star in Houston.
- Michael Ma (Space City Scoop) on Omer Asik’s performance in Monday’s win.
- Paul McGuire (Red94.net) on the latest Rockets win.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
- Randy Harvey (Houston Chronicle) says the Texans are feeling a draft.
Although I know no one who dislikes Kubiak, neither do I know anyone who believes he should still be the Texans’ coach after Sunday’s loss at Reliant Stadium to Jacksonville, with the exception of the only one whose opinion matters, Bob McNair.
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) on the sinking Texans.
- Mike Meltser (Sports Radio 610) on the upside of Bob McNair’s loyalty.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Watched #Texans all-22. 1. Keenum missed a lot of opportunities 2. I disagree with those who say they quit. I didn’t see that.
— Seth Payne (@PayneNFL) November 27, 2013