- David Barron (Houston Chronicle) on the CSN Houston situation.
Astros owner Jim Crane says “something doesn’t add up” in the more than year-long effort to craft a profitable business plan for Comcast SportsNet Houston, the subject of a Thursday bankruptcy court hearing involving the network’s three partners – the Astros, Rockets and Comcast/NBC.
- Craig Durham (MiLB.com) on Astros prospect Joe Sclafani.
- The Crawfish Boxes take a look at the Astros 5 most pivotal players.
- Astros tweet of the day…
The Astros might have a better shot at broadcasting games on Telemundo or ESPN 8- the Ocho than CSN Houston.
— Sean Feist (@native_astro) November 21, 2013
- Mike Kerns (The Dream Shake) tells Rockets fans to have some patience after just 13 games.
From the moment Dwight Howard let it be known that he was taking his talents to The Bayou City, Rockets fans have understandably garnered high expectation for the 2013-14 season. When you have arguably the best player in the league at two of your positions, it’s to be expected. Yet one thing many of those already making their plans for a parade downtown next June failed to realize is that while the potential for greatness is there, these things take time.
- David Barron (Houston Chronicle) writes that Leslie Alexander is interested in buying all of Houston Sports Regional Network.
- Jason Friedman (Rockets.com) with analysis and observations from the latest Rocket’s loss.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
#Rockets 8-5. It’s 16th time in franchise history they’ve been at least 8-5 after 13 games. Made playoffs all but one of 15 previous times.
— Nick Mathews (@Nick_Mathews) November 21, 2013
- Brian T. Smith (Houston Chronicle) writes that Kubiak doesn’t want to take away from Keenum’s playmaking ability.
After four games as the Texans’ starter, Case Keenum has made coach Gary Kubiak fully aware that he has a little backyard wildness in him. Now Keenum must learn when and when not to escape the pocket and fire away. And the Texans must teach their second-year QB the finer qualities of the game while trying to win for the first time in more than two months.
- Tania Ganguli (ESPN) on Wade Phillip’s reaction to Ed Reed’s comments.
- Jason Chilton (SB Nation) gives 5 reasons for the Texans disaster season.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Wade: I don’t think he’s going to ask me to induct him into the Hall of Fame. But when he goes in I’ll be clapping my hands.” #Texans
— Dale Robertson (@sportywineguy) November 21, 2013