Delino DeShields | Hakeem Olajuwon on Dwight Howard | Matt Schaub’s future
- Ray Kuhn (Climbing Tal’s Hill) wants to know if Masahiro Tanaka should be an options for the Astros.
The 25-year old starting pitcher will be available as a free agent from Japan. Logistically, it is still unclear how the process will work as that is currently up for debate and discussion. But what we do know is this; Tanaka will be very expensive. And he is also very good. Well at least he has been in Japan.
- David Coleman (Crawfish Boxes) on Super-two decisions.
- Jim Callis and Jonathan Mayo (MLB.com) ranked the top 20 AFL prospects. Which Astros made it?
- Astros tweet of the day…
— Houston Astros (@astros) November 20, 2013
- Fran Blinebury (NBA.com) spoke with Hakeem Olajuwon about Dwight Howard’s post up game.
The Hall of Famer was speaking Tuesday from Nigeria, where he was helping to launch a basketball initiative for youth. Even from half a world away, though, Olajuwon was thinking about the struggles of his current pupil, Howard, who he mentored in the offseason after the big man signed a four-year, $88-million free agent contract with the Rockets, Olajuwon’s former team.
- Marc Stein (ESPN) on an Omer Asik trade to the Pelicans.
- Jenny Dial Creech (Houston Chronicle) on the Rockets helping make a high school student’s wish come true.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Elias says: The Rockets have been outscored by 35 pts during the 93 min that Dwight Howard and Omer Asik have been on the floor together.
— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) November 20, 2013
- Dave Zangaro (CSN Houston) on Matt Schaub’s future.
Matt Schaub came into the 2013 season as the starting quarterback for a Super Bowl contender. He came into the season after throwing for over 4,000 yards and making another Pro Bowl appearance. Now, there’s a really good chance the 32-year-old’s days in Houston are numbered. He’s lost his starting job and the team will be able to cut ties in the offseason without major salary-cap damage.
- Matt Vensel (Baltimore Sun) on Ed Reed blaming Wade Phillips for his release.
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) on the Texans current ineptitude being way too familiar for Texans fans.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Case on his height: I’ve always been this tall.” He says he’d like to meet Drew Brees to “pick his brain.” #Texans
— Dale Robertson (@sportywineguy) November 20, 2013
Topics: Links And Tweets