Singleton v.s. Amador | Omer Asik trade possibilites | Andre Johnson
- Ray Kuhn (Climbing Tal’s Hill) on the boring offseason so far.
For that, we have the Hot Stove league. There are rumors to follow, debate, and discuss. Planning out next year’s team is always enjoyable. But for that to happen, we need to have rumors. And so far that has not happened. Player movement also has been at a extreme minimum.
- Jeff Moore (MLB Prospect Watch) talks Jonathan Singleton and Joseph Amador.
- I wrote my thoughts for Climbing Tal’s Hill on the Astros organizational All-Stars.
- Astros tweet of the day…
I’m happy Luhnow is the GM; he’s doing a terrific job. But, one day, Ed Wade’s fingerprints will be all over a very successful Astros team.
— Archbishop Deshaies (@HouCounterplot) November 19, 2013
- Zach Lowe (Grantland) on the Rockets approach not being Finals-worthy.
The Rockets, really, are fine. They’re 7-4 with two max-level free agents, and they’re outscoring teams by 4.3 points per 100 possessions — the eighth-best mark in the league. That margin doesn’t peg them as legit title contenders, and it would be unrealistic to expect championship-level play this early from what remains, in the big picture, a very new roster integrating a giant and even newer centerpiece.
- Brandon Davis (Red94) on what to do with Omer Asik.
- The guys at Clutchfans (Podcast) discussed different Omer Asik trade possibilities.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
— Daniel Gotera (@DTGoteraKHOU) November 19, 2013
- Sean Pendergast (Houston Press) on the Texans reaching the breaking point.
You’re Andre Johnson.
You get drafted in 2003 by a one year old expansion team, still in its infancy stage. You’re excited, you’re eager, and you’re hoping to be the foundational building block of something great.
But as it turns out, it’s not great. Far from it.
- Randy Harvey (Houston Chronicle) on Gary Kubiak and the lockeroom.
- Tania Ganguli (ESPN) on Case Keenum.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Andre Johnson is tired of having to deal with this..he a Hall of Famer..he’s worked too hard for this @HoustonTexans team. Hate to see it.
— Bun B (@BunBTrillOG) November 17, 2013