Chris Carter breakout? | Omer Asik to return | Texans disaster season
- J.P. Breen (FanGraphs) on Chris Carter’s potential 2014 breakout fantasy baseball season.
In his first full-season stint in the big leagues, Carter epitomized the three-true outcome approach. He struck out in more than a third of his plate appearances, posted a 12.0% walk rate and finished with 29 long balls. While only hitting .223 on the season, his power/patience approach still allowed him to remain an above-average contributor at the plate. He had a 113 wRC+ and 112 OPS+.
- The folks at SB Nation Fake Teams took a look at the Astros top 10 prospects for Fantasy Baseball reasons.
- You can vote for Jason Castro in the MLB GIBBY Awards here.
- Astros tweet of the day…
You know it’s a boring offseason when the spring training schedule news is the highlight of the day for news and rumors. #Astros
— Sean Feist (@native_astro) November 18, 2013
- Adam Wexler (CSN Houston) on Omer Asik’s return to practice, including reactions from his teammates.
Rockets center Omer Asik returned to practice for the first time since he reportedly demanded a trade and was deemed unavailable for Saturday night’s game against the Denver Nuggets. His teammates and coach seemed pleased about his presence and were ready to put it behind them.
- Alex Kennedy (Hoopsworld) on a potential Ryan Anderson for Omer Asik swap.
- Michael Ma (Space City Scoop) on Chandler Parsons running the most in the NBA.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Howard in a joking mood today after practice. Said he loves playing at home and is really starting to love Houston #Rockets
— Daniel Gotera (@DTGoteraKHOU) November 18, 2013
- Shea Serrano (Grantland) on the agony of watching the Texans this season.
The Texans have now lost eight consecutive games. It is, I’m certain, the longest losing streak in the history of American sports. (Do not fact-check that please.) And watching it unfold at Reliant Stadium, exactly 1.8 miles from my home in Houston, has been zero amounts of fun.
The season has been a disaster and everyone is angry. Lance Zierlein is angry too. Hear his rant on the Texans… http://t.co/kNvdOS5ocs
— SportsTalk 790 (@SportsTalk790) November 18, 2013
Tags: Links And Tweets