Jeff Luhnow’s third year | Parson’s value | Texans lose to Raiders
- Evan Drellich (Houston Chronicle) on Jeff Luhnow entering his 3rd year.
The rare occasion the Astros have something to celebrate is when you can see the emotion in Jeff Luhnow. The team’s general manager is, by nature, a rational and composed man.
He watches games with the rest of the front office, whoever may be on hand, from a box at Minute Maid Park. David Stearns, the team’s assistant general manager, is right by his side.
- Astros County gives his thoughts on the Houston Chronicle/BBWAA
- Greg Thurston (Climbing Tal’s Hill) profiles Jason Castro.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Say what you want about the 2013 Astros, who lost a club record 111, but Porter kept them united and Luhnow has a plan moving forward.
— Jose de Jesus Ortiz (@OrtizKicks) November 17, 2013
- Jonathan Feigen (Houston Chronicle) on Chandler Parson’s value.
If Chandler Parsons was offended, he did not show it. He even repeated the story.
He had been told in Taipei his nickname there, “Gao Fu Shuai,” translates to “Tall, rich and handsome.” But as soon as he was given that compliment, it came with a question asking if he could claim the rich part with his modest contract.
- Marc Stein (ESPN) on the Omer Asik situation.
- Jonathan Feigen (Houston Chronicle) on the Omer Asik situation.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Rockets have 4 players — Harden, Lin, Howard, Parsons — averaging 17p or more. Haven’t since 90-91. Long way to go, but wouldn’t surprise.
— Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) November 17, 2013
- Brian T. Smith (Houston Chronicle) on the latest Texans loss.
Case Keenum was surprised. So was Matt Schaub. Reliant Stadium fans were stunned. Gary Kubiak thought everything about his shocking move made sense. Schaub, a former starting quarterback turned backup, replaced Keenum, a former third-stringer turned starter, with two minutes, 26 seconds left in the third quarter of the Texans’ 28-23 loss to the Oakland Raiders on Sunday at Reliant.
- Tania Ganguli (ESPN) on the Texans benching Keenum.
- Jerome Solomon (Houston Chronicle) on what we could learn from the latest Texans loss.
- Texans tweet of the day…
So, Schaub throws a pick 6 in 4 straight games and doesn’t get benched till he’s hurt. Keenum? One bad half and gone. Unbelievable #Texans
— Daniel Gotera (@DTGoteraKHOU) November 17, 2013
Tags: Links And Tweets