- Sam Dykstra (MLB.com) on Matthew Heidenreich’s final start.
The Astros right-hander struck out six and allowed just one hit in four innings Thursday to lead Peoria to a 3-0 win over Surprise in the team’s Fall League finale. He completes his time in Arizona with a 2-1 record, 2.14 ERA, 18 strikeouts and nine walks in six starts (21 innings).
- Greg Thurston (Climbing Tal’s Hill) profiles Brandon Barnes.
- Astros County reviews Jared Cosart’s 2013 season.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Don’t care about Incognito. Don’t care about MVP awards. I just want some Astros rumors! #ThrowMeABone
— John Burgess (@StrosDude9) November 14, 2013
- Ken Berger (CBS Sports) on Howard’s struggles at the FT line.
Dwight Howard steps to the line and sinks a free throw. Then another. An assistant coach signals for him to step off the line, walk to the other side of the floor, and then walk back to attempt another one.
This was on the Rockets‘ practice court at the Toyota Center, of course. It couldn’t have been in a game on the main floor upstairs.
- Harvey Araton (NY Times) on Lin’s return to NYC.
- Jonathan Feigen (Houston Chronicle) on Lin’s return to NYC.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Hoping for a good game, and a good result, no more heartbreakers. Go #Rockets!
— Carmen A. Allen (@callen80) November 15, 2013
- Bill Barnwell (Grantland) on how the Texans fell from grace.
The writing has been on the wall for the 2-7 Houston Texans for a while now. On Tuesday, the organization waved the white flag. The Texans placed star running back Arian Foster on injured reserve with an undisclosed back injury that will require surgery. On the other side of the ball, they released offseason pickup Ed Reed after just seven games in Houston, with the future Hall of Famer having fallen out of the starting lineup after the team’s bye week. He played just 12 snaps on defense in Houston’s loss to Arizona last Sunday. Combined with the benching of Matt Schaub for Case Keenum, it’s safe to say that the Texans are playing for 2014.
- Jerome Solomon (Houston Chronicle) on the state of the Texans.
- John Breech (CBS Sports) on Shane Lechler spending the week in the hospital.
- Texans tweets of the day…
“We all thought he was going to be J.J. Watt of the secondary. It didn’t work out that way.” Phillips on Ed Reed. #Texans
— Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) November 14, 2013
Tags: Links And Tweets