Astros long term plans | Rockets going small | Andre Johnson
- Richard Justice (MLB.com) says the Astros are confident in Jeff Luhnow’s long-term vision.
First, we’re going to be impressed that the Astros had the discipline to do exactly what they said they were going to do. Two years ago when a Houston businessman named Jim Crane bought the club, he laid out a precise vision for the franchise. Crane was going to hire a GM with a track record in player development, and he was going to give that guy the resources and time to do things right. Regardless of how bleak things got, Crane said he wouldn’t lose sight of the big picture.
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) on Astros farmhand Jonas Dufek.
- Andy Pondillo and Ray Kuhn (Climbing Tal’s Hill) (Podcast) talk about the 2014 offseason.
- Astros tweet of the day…
“The Astros are — they’re like Disney Land. If the kids come, it’s a great attraction.” — Scott Boras
— Evan Drellich (@EvanDrellich) November 13, 2013
- Sean Deveney (Sporting News) on the failed Asik-Howard lineup.
It was, perhaps, doomed from the beginning. When word first broke that the Rockets would be the winners of the Dwight Howard free-agency sweepstakes, the assumption was that they would quickly follow up with a move to bring in a power forward, preferably one who could create space with shooting, and that they would use center Omer Asik as bait.
- Jeff Balke (Clutchfans) on the two Rockets point guards playing together.
- Jonathan Feigen (Houston Chronicle) on the Rockets going to a smaller lineup for the time being.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) November 14, 2013
Johnson might be the best receiver in football still. Calvin Johnson has the hype, numbers, and the most fearsome physique of any receiver in the league, but Andre Johnson does a lot of things better than Megatron, and is in my eyes a more complete receiver. The point of this isn’t to get into a debate on receivers, but simply to make the point that Peterson in this game did his best work against the top receiver in the league.
- J.J. Watt talks Ed Reed, Kubiak, and DPOY on SiriusXM (sound).
- Tania Ganguli (ESPN) on the Texans defense not being much different without Reed.
- Texans tweet of the day…
— Drew Dougherty (@DoughertyDrew) November 13, 2013
Topics: Links And Tweets