- Jon Heyman (CBS Sports) reported that other teams are looking into the availability of Jason Castro. I wrote my thoughts about a possible Jason Castro trade here.
We know Castro has improved on offense and may finally be breaking out. The former first round pick was hitting .310 with six home runs and a .954 OPS in 37 second-half games before his injury. We know the offense is there but his defense is a bit iffy. Castro has struggled to keep the ball in front of him though he does have a good arm behind the plate. With Castro’s injury history and spotty defense, it’s possible the Astros may be willing to trade their All-Star catcher if the deal is right.
- David Coleman (Crawfish Boxes) on the Astros reported interest in free agent Curtis Granderson.
- Astros County reviews the season of Carlos Corporan.
- Astros tweet of the day…
— Brian McTaggart (@brianmctaggart) November 12, 2013
- John Kelly (CSN Houston) on James Harden fighting his flopping fine.
“The first one, I really did get hit in the face,” Harden said. “I’m trying to appeal that right now. I really did get hit in the face, it was just a late reaction.”
- Michael Ma (Space City Scoop) on Terrence Jones possibly sneaking into the rotation.
- Tom Haberstroh (True Hoop TV) (Video) spoke with Daryl Morey about several different things.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Dwight Howard has 119 rebounds through 8 games, 2nd-most through the 1st 8 games of a season for a Rockets player over the last 25 years. — ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) November 12, 2013
- Tania Ganguli (ESPN) on the Texans admitting a mistake by releasing Ed Reed.
Reed’s time in Houston never went smoothly. He showed up with a torn labrum in his hip that the Texans missed during their lengthy physical before signing him. Once he was healthy, his snaps were still limited. By now, the Texans have gotten to the point where they feel more comfortable starting Shiloh Keo at free safety than a future Hall of Famer.
- Stephanie Stradley (Houston Chronicle) on the Texans front office being frustrated with the current coaching staff.
- Patrick D. Starr (State Of The Texans) on the Texans new addition Jawanza Starling.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Texans HC Gary Kubiak is expected to coach Sunday vs. Raiders, per league source. He’s building up his hours this week.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 12, 2013