Astros offseason | All Dwight Howard | Kubiak, Watt, and Ed Reed
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) on Astros farmhand Matthew Heidenreich at the AFL.
Two starts into his stint in the Arizona Fall League, Astros right-hander Matt Heidenreich was told he was getting a makeover. Astros pitching coach Brent Strom and Minor League pitching coach Dave Borkowski, who’s serving as Peoria’s pitching coach in the AFL, took the 22-year-old Heidenreich aside and began to remake him with a new delivery and a fresh approach.
- Craig Calcaterra (Hardball Talk) says the Astros were an overwhelming success compared to Congress.
- Daniel Russell (DraysBay) talks about possible trades with David Price.
- Astros tweet of the day…
— Astros Bias (@AstrosBias) November 7, 2013
- Marc Spears (Yahoo) on Howard and the Lakers.
Dwight Howard won’t stand for any bitterness from the Los Angeles Lakers or fans who were displeased that he joined the Houston Rockets as a free agent this past summer.
“I made my decision,” Howard said. “I’m happy where I’m at. Everybody should move forward. This is my life. If you don’t like it, so what.”
- Matt Moore (CBS Sports) on the Rockets pick-and-roll with Howard.
- Kevin Pelton (ESPN Insider) ($) on Dwight Howard giving the Rockets new looks.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
While Lin is coming off bench again, McHale very happy w/ Lin’s play. Attacking, his shot, his defense – all improved over last yr #Rockets
— AdamWexlerCSN (@awexler) November 8, 2013
- John Breech (CBS Sports) on Gary Kubiak making an appearance at practice.
Texans coach Gary Kubiak isn’t expected to return to the Houston sideline until Week 11 at the earliest, but he did find the energy to make a brief appearance at the Texans practice on Thursday. It was the first time Kubiak’s been at a Texans practice since suffering what the team called a ‘mini-stroke’ at halftime of Houston’s game against Indianapolis on Sunday night. Kubiak fell to the ground just before halftime and was rushed to the hospital.
- Peter King (MMQB) on Watt’s dominant season even without the sack numbers.
- Ryan Wilson (CBS Sports) on Ed Reed’s decreased role and possible release.
- Texans tweet of the day…
— Drew Dougherty (@DoughertyDrew) November 7, 2013
Topics: Links And Tweets