Astrodome Memories | Dwight Howard talks about Lakers | Case Keenum
- Mike Petriello (Fangraphs) on What Houston can do this offseason.
You don’t need me to tell you that the Houston Astros are a terrible baseball team (162-324 over the last three seasons), and you probably already know why. GM Jeff Luhnow and his growing collection of former internet baseball writers have committed to a full-scale, ground-up rebuilding of the talent-sparse organization he found himself with when he was hired in December 2011. That meant trading everything he possibly could for young talent, and it meant going with a young, inexperienced, and inexpensive — down to around $13 million total late in the year — roster as they sacrifice a watchable major league product in service of an increasingly bright future.
- Josh Jackson (MiLB.com) on George Springer’s time at the Cape Cod League.
- Tyler Stafford (Climbing Tal’s Hill) on Astrodome memories.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Minute Maid Park doesn’t have the history of the Astrodome, but the stadium is one of baseball’s best. It will be rocking soon.
— Jose de Jesus Ortiz (@OrtizKicks) November 6, 2013
- Sam Amick (USA Today) on the return of Patrick Beverley.
Patrick Beverley swore he didn’t rush back early from his injury in a desperate attempt to save the Houston Rockets’ declining defense, but the point guard’s timing was impeccable nonetheless.
- Sam Amick (USA Today) on Dwight Howard and the Lakers.
- Jonathan Feigen (Houston Chronicle) on Dwight Howard and the Lakers.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Rockets are going to start 4-1 #NewAge
— Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) November 6, 2013
- Gil Brandt (NFL.com) says Case Keenum is the perfect fit for the Texans.
A good quarterback is hard to find, but the Houston Texans just might have found one in Case Keenum. Keenum has acquitted himself very well since stepping in for injured veteran Matt Schaub in Week 7, though the casual fan would be forgiven for wondering just who the heck he is. With that in mind, I’ve put together a “getting to know you” primer on the Texans‘ third-stringer-turned-starter.
- Larry Dierker (For the Houston Chronicle) on the stresses of coaching.
- Stephen Forsha (Toro Times) on the Texans naming Wade Phillips as Interim Head Coach.
- Texans tweet of the day…
The best NFL (professional) trainers are the Houston Texans Training Staff.
— Danieal Manning (@ManningUp38) November 6, 2013
Tags: Links And Tweets