Dave Clark finds a job | Dwight Howard and CP3 together? | Texans help senior citizens votes
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) on Astros farmhand Alex Sogard.
Sogard, a left-handed relief pitcher who split 2013 between Triple-A Oklahoma City and Double-A Corpus Christi, hopes to be able to re-join those guys at some point next year. But first he’s pitching in the Arizona Fall League, where he is 2-1 with a 1.59 ERA in eight games, including one spot start for Peoria.
- Adam McCalvy (MLB.com) on the Brewers hiring former Astros caoch Dave Clark.
- KelShannan19 (Crawfish Boxes) tells us why the Rangers season was worse than the Astros season.
- Astros tweet of the day…
Want to take a memorable holiday card pic on the field of MMP with me? This weekend is your chance! For details go to http://t.co/iEy6dUpSKx
— Houston Astros Orbit (@OrbitAstros) November 5, 2013
- Jason Friedman (Rockets.com) on the Rockets loss in LA last night.
I’m not quite sure where to begin when assessing the first half of tonight’s game, but I’m rather certain one shouldn’t start by talking about the defense. Actually, check that because that’s precisely where the conversation begins. There’s just not much to be said about it other than, “There wasn’t any.” The Clippers entered the game with the league’s worst defense and they certainly lived up to that ranking by allowing Houston to score 41 points in the second quarter and 66 overall in the opening half.
- Arash Markazi (ESPNLA) on what could have been with Chris Paul and Dwight Howard as teammates.
- Drew Garrison (SBNation) on what rebounding chance can show us in the NBA.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
— Alykhan (@WhatAlykhanSays) November 5, 2013
- Stephen Forsha (Toro Times) on the history of the Texans/Cardinals matchup.
This Sunday, in Arizona, the Houston Texans and the Arizona Cardinals will meet for the third time in their franchises history, the first time since the 2009 season. In their brief history against each other, the Texans and Cardinals are each 1-1 with the Texans winning the first game on Dec, 18, 2005 by a 30-19 score. The Cardinals won the second meeting on Oct. 11, 2009 by a 28-21 score.
- Craig Hlavaty (Houston Chronicle) on current and former Texans players helping seniors vote during election day.
- ESPN.com on Gary Kubiak being released from the hospital.
- Texans tweet of the day…
— Chester M. Pitts II (@ChesterPitts) November 5, 2013
Tags: Links And Tweets