Astros new coaches | Analysis on Rockets latest victory on Friday | Andre Johnson’s season
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) on new Astros first base coach Pat Listach.
The Astros were a perfect fit for Pat Listach, who was hired earlier this week as the club’s new first-base coach. Not only does Listach live in the Houston area, but the former American League Rookie of the Year is an infield instructor — an area of need for the Astros — and a proponent of the analytics of defensive positioning, something the club has been stressing under general manager Jeff Luhnow.
- Adam McCalvy (MLB.com) on the Cardinals pitching staff and high praise for Brent Strom.
- Zachary Levine (Houston Chronicle) writes about Houstonian Matt Carpenter on the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Astros tweet of the weekend…
The Astros should follow exactly what the Cards are doing and stick to it.
— Brad (@TexansGuy80) October 27, 2013
- Sam Amick (USA Today) on Daryl Morey and his Houston Rockets.
Daryl Morey had heard the chatter, the rumors in NBA circles that his time as Houston Rockets general manager and unofficial poster boy for the next front-office frontier might be nearing an end if he didn’t turn things around soon.
- Jason Friedman (Rockets.com) gave his analysis on the Rockets final preseason game on Friday night.
- Jonathan Feigen (Houston Chronicle) on Dwight Howard and other Rockets notes.
- Rockets tweet of the weekend…
Reminder to Rockets fans- open practice from noon – 2 tomorrow at Toyota Center. Bring 4 non perishable food items.
— Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) October 26, 2013
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) on how Andre Johnson is suffering the most this season.
While receiver Andre Johnson stood in front of his locker, patiently answering state-of-the-Texans questions from the media, he seemed more reserved than usual. The consummate professional, Johnson is always cooperative, polite and patient – unlike a few of his teammates who sometimes grimace and act as if they would rather not have to deal with reporters.
- Dave Thomas (SportsRadio610) on the Texans inconsistent play at QB.
- Graham Rogers (Toro Times) says the Texans need to say goodbye to Schaub and Marciano and embrace Keenum.
- Texans tweet of the weekend…
im sad that @HoustonTexans arent plauing tomorrow its fonna be a boring Sunday win or lose I ride with The Texans
— the chile (@thechile) October 27, 2013
Tags: Links And Tweets