How to fix the Astros | Spacing is important in Rockets offense | McClain on Bud Adams
- Bernie Pleskoff (MLB.com) on Delino DeShields.
In this year’s Arizona Fall League, Astros prospect Delino DeShields is showing why he was the club’s first-round selection in the 2010 First-Year Player Draft.
DeShields has a combination of speed and hitting ability that projects him to be a top-of-the-order table-setter and run producer. He has the tools to beat the opposition with his bat or his legs.
- Mike Bates (SB Nation) on how to fix the Astros.
- Jayne (What The Heck, Bobby?) has some observations on the Astros and the Rule V draft.
- Astros tweet of the day…
— Steve Grande (@AstrosGrande) October 22, 2013
- Jason Friedman (Rockets.com) shows us how the Rockets create space on offense.
There might not be a more utilized word – or more sought after commodity – in professional team sports today than “space” as it pertains to offensive tactics and strategy. From the spread offences that have revolutionized American football to Barcelona’s (and now Arsenal’s! – sorry, couldn’t resist inserting some Gunner pride) tiki taka on the other side of the pond, smart clubs have recognized and wholeheartedly embraced the need to create as much room as possible to better enable their best players to go to work and weave their magic on the playing surface of their choice.
- 328 pages of the Rockets media guide are now online.
- Brett Pollakoff (Pro Basketball Talk) wrote his Houston Rockets season preview.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
— Daryl Morey (@dmorey) October 22, 2013
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) on the death of Bud Adams.
Bud Adams lived an interesting life. No matter what you thought about him as the owner of the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans, there’s no denying his impact on pro football. The history of the NFL can’t be written without Adams, who died at his Houston home over the weekend. He was 90.
- Patrick Starr (State Of The Texans) on the release of Tim Dobbins.
- Some Texans experts are talking Texans problems on Reply All.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Arian Foster is sick. I asked if he was contagious. He said we’ll all know before he does. #Texans
— Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) October 22, 2013
Topics: Links And Tweets