Heyman on Luhnow | Clutch on Asik/Howard | Campbell on Phillips
- Jon Heyman (CBS Sports) on Jeff Luhnow current Cardinals and future Astros.
Here’s some hope for Houston: No less than 17 players on the Cardinals‘ NLCS roster were drafted or signed as amateurs by that team when Astros GM Jeff Luhnow was the Cardinals’ scouting director.
- Astros County season reviews on Chris Carter and Jason Castro.
- Greg Thurston (Climbing Tal’s Hill) on if the Astros should pursue Shin-Sin Choo.
- Astros tweet of the weekend…
— Travis Ballew (@Tballew18) October 21, 2013
- Clutch (Clutchfans) writes about the Howard/Asik combo.
So now the science experiment gets really interesting as we get our first real look at two top 5 defensive centers playing together. I’ve been a big believer that this is not a sustainable lineup, that Asik and Howard on the floor at the same time is best suited for specific matchups or short bursts when the Rockets need elite paint protection.
- Fran Bilenbury (NBA.com) on Yao Ming’s current relationship with the Houston Rockets and the NBA.
- Sara Eckert (CSN Houston) spoke with Rockets players about their UFC 166 experience.
- Rockets tweet of the weekend…
BREAKING: The Houston Rockets admit to stealing all the power away from the Texans and Astros as they gear up for a championship.
— James Harden’s Beard (@HardenBeard) October 20, 2013
- Earl Campbell wrote a fantastic piece for the Houston Chronicle on Bum Phillips.
There are two people who cross my mind every day. One of them is my mother, Ann Campbell. The other is Bum Phillips. I don’t know if there are words to describe our relationship. You know the song that Willie Nelson sings, “Georgia on My Mind?” Bum Phillips is on my mind. He’s there every day. The city of Houston has lost one of the greatest men, a man who really fit the city.
- Chris Burke (Sports Illustraded) on Arian Foster’s injury.
- Graham Rogers (Toro Times) on the latest Texans loss.
- Texans tweet of the day…
I’m not sure whether to be happy for Texans fans as Case Keenum emerges — or sorry for them that it’d happen when Cushing/Foster get hurt.
— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) October 20, 2013
Tags: Links And Tweets