Luhnow on the offseason | Dwight Howard as Batman | Keenum makes NFL debut
- Jose De Jesus Ortiz (Houston Chronicle) spoke with Jeff Luhnow about the Astros plan this offseason.
By all accounts, Luhnow and Elias have done a masterful job with the draft. Combined with the prospects they acquired and the ones chosen by Ed Wade and Bobby Heck through previous trades or drafts, Luhnow has built one of the top farm systems in baseball.
- Jon Heyman (CBS Sports) writes the Astros may go after Sin Shoo Choo after losing out on Jose Abreu.
- A good read by David Coleman (Crawfish Boxes) on whether or not Jose Abreu would have been worth the signing. (Note: The article was published before the White Sox signed Abreu.)
- Astros tweet of the weekend…
— Morgan Ensberg (@MorganEnsberg) October 19, 2013
- Sam Amick (USA Today) writes “Dwight Howard takes up Batman mantra with Rockets.”
Dwight Howard might be known as “Superman,” but he’ll be drawing inspiration from another superhero during his debut season with the Houston Rockets: Batman.
- Jonathan Feigen’s (Houston Chronicle) recap of the last Rockets game.
- Phillip Pyle (Space City Scoop) with some comments from Shaq and Barkley on the Rockets chances this season.
- Rockets tweet of the weekend…
Rockets at nearly full strength (Camby still out) for first time this preseason. Had Greg Smith, Omer Asik at same practice for first time.
— Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) October 19, 2013
- Chris Wessling (NFL.com) on Case Keenum making his debut.
Despite outplayingT.J. Yates in a preseason competition for the backup job, Keenum was relegated to third-stringer for the first six weeks of the season. When Yates face-planted in relief of Schaub last week, Kubiak was forced to reconsider his pecking order.
- Dave Zangaro (CSN Houston) says the Texans need to be ready for a loud crowd in Kansas City.
- Holly Anderson (Grantland) gives you a “Who’s That Guy” article on Case Keenum.
- Texans tweet of the weekend…
Just witnessed a sad “HOUSTON” … “TEXANS” chants (exclamation marks deleted) from a dozen fans in the jetway. That’s what 2-4 gets you.
— Jerome Solomon (@JeromeSolomon) October 19, 2013
Topics: Links And Tweets