- Jose De Jesus Ortiz (Houston Chronicle) says the Astros are deep in the chase for Jose Abreu.
Astros owner Jim Crane, who has vowed to open up the purse strings this winter, acknowledged that his club has made inquiries about Cuban slugging first baseman Jose Abreu.
- Jayne (What The Heck, Bobby?) interviewed Astros farmhand Patrick Urckfitz.
- T.R. Sullivan (MLB.com) talks about Nolan Ryan’s retirement.
- Astros tweet of the day…
#Astros owner Jim Crane: “I like Nolan, and at some point if Nolan wanted to do something, we’re all ears.”
— Brian McTaggart (@brianmctaggart) October 17, 2013
- Jenny Dial Creech (Houston Chronicle) spoke with Omri Casspi about his opportunity in Houston.
Omri Casspi has done a lot of good in a short time with the Rockets. But he isn’t satisfied and probably never will be. The small forward spends a lot of time looking at everything he has done wrong and working on the things he can correct.
- Drew Garrison (SBNation.com) says Omer Asik’s versatility makes him one of the NBA’s best defensive centers.
- Clutch (Clutchfans) spoke with Former Rockets coach Bill Fitch.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Rockets interviewing NCAA Division II and III coaches for D-League head job, sources tell Yahoo. Such great coaches on those levels. Smart.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) October 17, 2013
- Ryan Wilson (CBSSports) talks about the Texans and coach Kubiak.
- Tania Ganguli (ESPN) looks at the Texans red zone problem.
If you want a clear delineation between wins and losses for the Houston Texans, you can find it in red-zone efficiency.
In the Texans’ first two games, their only two wins this season, their offense entered the red zone seven times and scored touchdowns every single time. Since then the Texans have scored touchdowns on only 2 of 12 red-zone trips.
- Stephanie Stradley (Houston Chronicle) does a Q&A with Arrowhead Pride.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Case Keenum will start the game Sunday. #Texans
— Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) October 17, 2013
Tags: Links And Tweets