Astors awards, Rockets win in Taiwan, and cheering when a Texan gets injured.
- John Burgess (Climbing Tal’s Hill) gave away his awards for 2013.
- Astros County took a look at the year that Erik Bedard, Brandon Barnes, and Jose Altuve all had.
- Astros tweet of the day…
BREAKING: The Astros just clinched the award for Best Pro Sports Team in Houston, (Football/Baseball Division).
— Jim Crane ⚾ (@CranesBrain) October 13, 2013
- Sam Amico (Fox Sports) had nice things to say about Omri Casspi.
Most underrated NBA offseason pickup so far: Rockets F Omri Casspi. Tearing it up in three preseason games, particularly rebounding. Often all it takes in NBA is right coach/system. That may be case w/Casspi. “He’s playing at a high level for us,” says coach Kevin McHale.
- Phillip Pyle (Space City Scoop) recapped the yesterday’s early morning Rockets game.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Well the #Rockets have a chance to really take this city over.
— Hiren Joshi (@htown747) October 13, 2013
- Texans players were upset after fans cheered when Schaub went down with an injury.
Football is an emotional game, and fans certainly have every right to be outraged over subpar play from their teams. The emotional and visceral release provided by the game is one of the reasons so many people watch it. However, like everything else, there is a line, and when you’re hacked off at your team, that line starts right about the point where you’re cheering for the injury suffered by your starting quarterback. Some Texans fans crossed that line at Reliant Stadium on Sunday when Matt Schaub went down with a lower leg injury with 3:54 left in the third quarter of Houston’s 38-13 loss to the St. Louis Rams. After the game, Schaub’s teammates were, shall we say, not impressed by the lunatic fringe.
- It looks like Vince Young wants the Texans to sign him.
- Texans tweet of the day…
“I’ve got to wake up tomorrow and start from scratch.” Kubiak #Texans
— Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) October 13, 2013