CSN Houston, Rockets win one in the Philippines, and an alarming trend in the Texans offense.
- Because we all love hearing more information (Forbes) about the CSN Houston situation.
Comcast is attempting to use a bogus Chapter 11 filing as a way to hijack and steal CSN Houston from the Houston Astros a “transparent attempt to acquire the Network and gain control over their most valuable asset, the media rights to televise their own Major League Baseball games” according to a motion to dismiss filed by the Astros on Monday.
- Ray Kuhn (Climbing Tal’s Hill) talks about the Astros expected increase in payroll next season.
- CRPerry13 (Crawfish Boxes) did a Q&A with himself and another Astros fan. They both have different views on the Astros and it’s written up in a post titled, “A Tale Of Two Fans.”
- Astros tweet of the day…
Want reason for optimism, Astros fans? Luhnow picked 15 of St. Louis’ 25-man NLDS roster and added another as intl signing.
— Jose de Jesus Ortiz (@OrtizKicks) October 10, 2013
- Jason Friedman (Rockets.com) gave his instant analysis and observations from yesterday’s Rockets win.
The Rockets unveiled a different starting lineup from their preseason opener, giving Patrick Beverley an opportunity to open the game at the point guard position in place of Jeremy Lin and Terrence Jones got the nod at power forward in place of Donatas Motiejunas. This is the time of year for experimentation and Head Coach Kevin McHale said beforehand that he’ll likely rotate the starters at the point guard and power forward positions throughout most, if not all, of the preseason.
- Michael Ma (Space City Scoop) updates us on the Lin/Beverley situation after yesterday’s win.
- BD34 (The Dream Shake) wrote about the Omer Asik situation.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Rockets are going to win big. Story will be how well Beverley, Lin fit in roles as starter, 6th Man. I would expect Lin to start in Taiwan.
— ClutchFans (@clutchfans) October 10, 2013
- Adam Schein (NFL.com) ranks the Texans as the second most underachieving team in the NFL.
Houston feels like its record is worse than 2-3, what with Matt Schaub‘s historic struggles (inexplicably tossing a pick-six in four consecutive weeks). The quarterback’s confidence is zapped, and while Gary Kubiak is keeping him in the starting role, the Texans coach admitted it was “a tough decision.”
- Lance Zierlein (The Sideline View) takes a look at Gary Kubiak’s offense and points to a disturbing pattern.
- Stephen Forsha (Toro Times) says Matt Schaub must prove his worth against the Rams.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Brian Cushing was asked what would happen if some one showed up at his house. “I don’t think that guy would be around much longer”. #Texans
— James Palmer (@JPalmerCSN) October 9, 2013
Topics: Links And Tweets