Jim Crane speaks up, top 50 Rockets of all time, and Matt Schaub is not popular in Houston.
- Jim Crane spoke publicly about the CSN situation to David Barron (Houston Chronicle).
Astros owner Jim Crane said Tuesday the team balked at informal carriage agreements for Comcast SportsNet Houston that were proposed by Comcast/NBC Universal management because the offers were 40 percent to 50 percent less than the amount needed to keep the network solvent.
- Brian McTaggart (MLB.com) also spoke with Jim Crane and says the Astros are determined to boost local TV coverage.
- J.P. Schwart (TopProspectAlert.com)gave his top 20 Astros prospects list.
- Astros tweet of the day…
2 MLB execs confirm independently that Astros ranked dead last in local TV revenues. Once again, was bad reporting to say “most profitable”
— Maury Brown (@BizballMaury) October 8, 2013
- David Aldridge (NBA.com) has his rankings for the 2013-2014 NBA season. Where are the Rockets on his list? 10th.
Dwight Howard has all the money, a superstar entering his prime playing next to him (James Harden), a point guard who should thrive playing screen-roll with him (Jeremy Lin/Patrick Beverly), shooters that will surround him (pick one) and give him space to operate in the paint, a coach (Kevin McHale) who understands the plight of a big man and the low-post game better than anybody and a fan base that will adore his every move and utterance because he spurned the Lakers to come to Houston. Nothing less than an MVP-caliber season in return will suffice.
- Hoopshype.com gave their top 50 Rockets of all time.
- Jonathan Feigen (Houston Chronicle) talks about the NBA gaining popularity worldwide as the Rockets get ready to face off against the Pacers in the Philippines.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Rockets at the Mall of Asia globe. pic.twitter.com/WnC6z9aPSa
— Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) October 8, 2013
- Mbw987 at Battleredblog.com wrote a long article comparing Matt Schaub with Jake Delhomme.
Finally, it all clicked. All I have said in these last thousands of words is that Matt Schaub is slowly turning into Jake Delhomme after downing a Polyjuice Potionwith his hair in it. They are both guys who played forSuper Bowl contenders that utilized the perfect system to mask their weaknesses. Schaub and Delhomme are both “non-elite” quarterbacks who were unknown coming out of college. They toiled as backups until they received their chance to start in the league and made the most of their opportunity.
- SportsRadio610 said that some fans confronted Matt Schaub at his home.
- Stephen Forsha (Toro Times) wants to know what we should do with Matt Schaub.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Houston Texans new logo.. pic.twitter.com/plaxSEOhxa
— NFL Memes (@NFL_Memes) October 7, 2013
Tags: Links And Tweets