More CSN happenings, Rockets being championship contenders, and another Texans loss.
- Here are details from David Barron (Houston Chronicle) on the Astros seeking dismissal of CSN Houston’s bankruptcy filing.
The Astros asked a federal bankruptcy judge Monday to dismiss an involuntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy case filed Sept. 27 against the parent company of Comcast SportsNet Houston, describing the effort by Comcast and its affiliates to restructure the Astros-Rockets-Comcast partnership through bankruptcy as a “road to nowhere.”
- Jayne (What The Heck, Bobby) went back on her season predictions to see how she fared. Greg Thurston (Climbing Tal’s Hill) did as well.
- A Cardinals writer’s (Derrick Goold, St. Louis Dispatch) article on the Astros’ new hire.
- Astros tweet of the day…(Regarding the Texans but still had the Astros included)
Just like an Astros game.. Houston now trails by 21 in the 2nd.
— Faux John Madden (@FauxJohnMadden) October 7, 2013
- Patrick Beverley dominated Jrue Holliday in Saturday’s loss to the Pelicans. Check out the clip.
- Alex Kennedy (Hoopsworld) wrote a great article on the Rockets being a championship contender.
After arguably the best offseason in franchise history, the Houston Rockets are understandably confident entering the 2013-14 NBA season. To get a sense of this group’s optimism, consider what Dwight Howard told me shortly after the ink dried on his lucrative contract with Houston.
“We’ve been talking about winning championships.”
- Sarah Breuner (Space City Scoop) says Chandler Parsons has to improve on there things this season.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
— RocketsSocial.com (@Rockets_Social) October 7, 2013
- Randy Harvey (Houston Chronicle) talks about the predictable Texans offense.
There was a great quote from Texans quarterback Matt Schaub after his three-interception game in the 34-3 loss to the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday night at Candlestick Park. Asked how he responds to critics who say the Texans’ offense is predictable, Schaub said, “Whoever is saying that, I don’t know.” Yeah, no one who really counts is saying it, except for opposing defenders. It’s like they’re in the huddle with the Texans’ offense.
- Paul Kuharsky’s (ESPN) thoughts on the Texans game.
- Check out how some on twitter reacted to the Texans loss on Sunday.
- Texans tweet of the day…
Owen Daniels and Andre Johnson (1) had one less tackle than Ed Reed (2) last night. Not good on so many levels. #Texans
— Nick Mathews (@Nick_Mathews) October 7, 2013
Topics: Links And Tweets