A Jim Crane letter, Jeremy Lin’s development, and a travesty of a football game (if you can call it that) in San Francisco.
- Sean Pendergast wrote about his thoughts on a letter from Jim Crane.
Correspondence matters. Not enough people tell other people how awesome they are these days in writing, mostly because it takes time and effort, and quite frankly, a lot of you are really lazy. Jim Crane is a lot of things, but lazy isn’t one of them.
- Jayne (What The Heck, Bobby) shared her thoughts on the Astros 2013 season.
- Greg Thurston (Climbing Tal’s Hill) gave his predictions on which Astros will likely be sent packing this offseason.
- Astros tweet of the day…
If “Save it nerds” isn’t the 2014 Astros’ bullpen slogan, they’re missing a golden opportunity
— Astros County (@AstrosCounty) October 6, 2013
- Alex Kennedy (Hoopsworld) spoke with Jeremy Lin about his development.
Jeremy Lin just turned 25 years old last month and he’s entering only his second season as a full-time starter in the NBA. Over the course of his three-year career, he has started just 107 regular season games – less starts than fellow up-and-coming point guards Kyrie Irving and Brandon Knight among others.
Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-the-development-of-jeremy-lin#6vF4AtMLyXAg6Aci.99
- Jonathan Feigen (Houston Chronicle) wrote about Dwight Howard’s mixed debut.
- Michael Ma (Space City Scoop) recapped the Rockets win over the Hornets. Click here for my recap of the loss.
- Rockets tweet of the day…
Rockets’ backcourt trio of Harden, Lin, Beverley scored 44 points on 60.9% FG to go w/ 12 assists & 8 steals in limited minutes.
— ClutchFans (@clutchfans) October 6, 2013
- Jerome Solomon (Houston Chronicle) gives his “Five things learned” from this latest Texans loss.
The Texans left their heart in Houston, but played a game in San Francisco and got torched 34-3. This is one of those situations in which mental health professionals can make a lot of money in a short period of time. Five things we learned from the embarrassing performance:
1. Quarterback Matt Schaub is in a bad place mentally….
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) is always a great read after a bad Texans loss.
- Stephen Forsha (Toro Times) gave his rapid reaction to last night’s debacle in San Francisco.
- Texans tweet of the night…
Colt McCoy getting PT against the Texans officially makes this embarrassing.
— Michael Connor (@MC790) October 7, 2013
Topics: Links And Tweets