Sep 29, 2013; Houston, TX, USA; Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub (8) is tackled by Seattle Seahawks defensive tackle Clinton McDonald (69) during overtime at Reliant Stadium. The Seahawks defeated the Texans 23-20. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports

Houston Texans Power Rankings Update

Don’t we all just love power rankings? A Texans loss to the Seahawks has them falling in all power rankings deservedly so. Here are each major publication’s Texans ranking in their respective power rankings.

 

ESPN.com

Ranked – 15 | Last Week – 13

Both of Matt Schaub‘s interceptions came on third down Sunday, including the crucial Richard Sherman pick-six. Sunday was Schaub’s first career game with multiple third-down interceptions.

 

NFL.com

Ranked – 16 | Last Week – 14

You might not know this — that is, unless you’re a Texans fan — but Matt Schaub has a rare streak going: He’s thrown a pick-six in three straight games. That’s like a pitcher giving up grand slams in three straight starts.

With upcoming games against the 49ersChiefs and Colts — teams that won their Week 4 matchups by a combined score of 103-21 — Houston hardly can afford more Schaub turnovers.

 

Sports Illustrated 

Ranked – 14 | Last Week – 11

According to Pro Football Reference, Houston’s odds of winning Sunday were up to 98.2 percent after Seattle punted the ball away with five minutes left in the third quarter. Ironically, that’s about the percentage of Texans fans blaming the subsequent collapse on QB Matt Schaub. The other 1.8 percent still think everything is David Carr‘s fault.

 

CBSSports

Ranked – 15 | Last Week – 12

Matt Schaub has to quit turning the ball over in key situations. After losing to Seattle, now they have to try and re-group at San Francisco.

 

Yahoo Sports!

Ranked – 13 | Last Week – 8

It’s amazing how close this team is to being 0-4. The Texans aren’t bad. But either quarterback Matt Schaub plays better or they’ll struggle to get to the playoffs. And there’s no Plan B at quarterback.

 

Houston Chronicle 

Ranked – 12 | Last Week – 9

Since 1990, 36.2 percent of playoff teams started 2-2 or worse, including 6 (4 of them division champs) last season.

 

CSN Houston

Ranked – 14 | Last Week – 12

Matt Schaub is under heavy criticism in Houston. How he responds Sunday night against San Francisco could determine how the season plays out for the Texans.

 

What do you think of these rankings? Texans too high on some? Too low?

 

Tags: Houston Texans

comments powered by Disqus