Astros make moves, Rockets season is just around the corner, and the Texans fans are still upset. Here are today’s links and tweets.
- The Astros landed six prospects on a top 75 prospects list. Find out which prospects and which list it was by clicking here (CTH).
- Were you upset that Mariano Rivera didn’t pitch against the Astros? He apologized to the fans after Sunday’s game.
“I want to keep that memory of mine,” Rivera told the crowd of 40,542, second largest of the season at Minute Maid Park behind Opening Day. “For that, I apologize. You guys deserved more, but I’m being a little selfish.”
- Greg Thurston (CTH) wrapped up the latest roster moves from the Astros.
- Astros tweet of the day…
The Astros were 1-16 in games Humber pitched.
— Astros County (@AstrosCounty) October 3, 2013
- David Wiener (ClutchFans) gives us the Rockets salary cap update based on the latest moves.
- Rahat Huq (Red94) posted his Houston Rockets 2013-2014 season preview.
So without further ado, let’s jump right in. What should you expect from the Rockets this year? Superficially, I’d say that at the least, an appearance in the semi-finals. I think that if the team fails to advance to the Finals, many fans and media will be inclined to deem their season a failure. That shouldn’t be the case. It’s hard to win in the NBA and even the great teams must go through growing pains. Despite the hype and excitement, that reality applies here too.
Jeremy Lin will for sure be the starting point guard this season for the Houston Rockets. Well, at least the beginning of the season he will be. The back up point guard role is up for grabs with Patrick Beverley, Aaron Brooks, and Isaiah Canaan…Beverley is the clear favorite based off last season when he filled in Lin’s role perfectly when Lin was injured.
- Rockets tweet of the day
— Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) October 2, 2013
- Brian Cushing was Mic’d up for the Texans/Seahawks game. Take a listen!
- Brian T. Smith (Houston Chronicle) writes that Darryl Sharpton was fined for his horse collar tackle.
- Jerome Solomon tells Texans fans that any panic over the Texans is premature.
What has happened to this friendly little enclave on the bayou?…A jersey burning? Local businesses – from a bar and grill to a luxury automobile dealership – publicly mocking the NFL team’s starting quarterback?…Really? Is that what the Texans have wrought?
- Texans tweet of the day…
“I have a lot of anger.” J.J. Watt is still steaming. #texans
— James Palmer (@JPalmerCSN) October 2, 2013