Yes! It’s finally NFL Opening Sunday. Arguably one of the greatest days of the year. Here are some links and tweets to get you to game time!
- The Astros minor league teams are going through playoff battles. Check in with CTH (Astros FanSided blog) for updates on their minor league chase.
- Cliff Corcoran of SI.com gives Astros fans reason for optimism in the future.
Catcher Jason Castro stayed healthy and turned in a strong, All-Star season at the age of 26, hitting .282/.357/.495 (134 OPS+) with 18 home runs thus far. The only catchers in the majors with higher bWAR totals this season than Castro’s 4.6 have been Joe Mauer (5.1), Buster Posey (5.0) and Yadier Molina (4.7).
- Apparently former Astros closer, Billy Wagner, came out with a book.
Billy Wagner wrote a book… http://t.co/PmNZd5yt3a
— Alyson Footer (@alysonfooter) September 7, 2013
- Dan Favale from Bleacher Reports gives us potential “stretch” 4′s the Rockets could trade for.
- Rockets fans in Houston should start looking around for these:
— Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) September 6, 2013
- Chandler Parsons looks ready for the season!
— Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) September 5, 2013
When they named him Keane, they didn’t know the name’s roots meant “fighter” and “handsome.” Between his parents, still groggy and numb, the 6-month-old boy continues to fight through his next challenge.
- The latest regarding Ed Reed:
— Drew Dougherty (@DoughertyDrew) September 7, 2013
- Check out battleredblog.com for a 2013 Texans season preview.
We are again brimming with optimism and excitement like the dormant volcano of Mauna Kea. In two days, we’ll cheer a new season. Before we start the celebration, I want to take one last look at the offseason and what to expect from Houston in 2013.